Welsh & Welsh, a personal injury firm in Omaha, Nebraska, is pleased to announce that we are offering a once-yearly $1,000 scholarship to students who are currently attending or planning to attend their first year of college or graduate school in the upcoming semester. We understand the difficulties college students face financially and feel that by providing students with this opportunity, we can help them pave the way towards a brighter future.
We first started the scholarship in Fall 2017 and were humbled by its success. We’ve decided to continue it for 2018 and beyond.
We’re currently accepting applications for Fall 2019
Applications will be due by Friday, July 12, 2019.
To apply, you’ll need to submit a 500+ word essay on the topic below as well as provide some additional information.
- Students can be attending or planning to attend any college or graduate school in the U.S.
- To receive scholarship funds, you must be living in the United States (with a U.S. mailing address) at the time of the scholarship’s due date.
- Applicants must be attending or plan on attending for their first year.
- As proof of your first-year status, you will need to submit a digital copy of your acceptance letter—complete with the college letterhead.
Applicants will need to write a 500+ word essay on the following topic:
What is one small change you can make in your life that could impact the world in a positive way?
Once the application period closes, Welsh & Welsh will choose a winner based on the uniqueness of each essay as well as the writer’s knowledge in the topic. Creativity and unique ideas give points here.
By submitting your essay to us, you agree that your essay may be featured on our blog. We will publish the winning essay as well as 1-2 of the top contenders at our discretion. Published essays may appear with minor edits in place.
- To submit your application, email us your completed essay, a digital copy of the acceptance letter from the college or graduate school verifying your first-year status, and some brief information about yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the body of your email, you MUST include your name, address, phone number, and the name of your current/planned school. You may include a brief paragraph telling us about yourself and your career-related goals, but this part should be brief.
- The essay MUST be attached as either a .DOCX or .PDF. You MUST follow MLA guidelines when formatting your essay.
- Your subject line in your email MUST start with your name then be followed by “Fall 2019 Scholarship” (Example: Bart Simpson Fall 2019 Scholarship”)
Failing to follow the above instructions may disqualify your application.
Send all applications and questions to email@example.com.
We look forward to looking at your applications!